September 16, 2009

Give me dentures or give me death!!!!

I've always wondered why I see fairly young people, generally on COPS, missing ALL of the their teeth...besides years and years of heavy drug use, of course. Well, I'm about to pull all of my teeth from my head without a second thought! I tried to call my dentist Monday for an emergency appointment and never heard anything back. I kept taking my beloved ibuprofen, 600-800mg twice a day with exceptional relief...until I started to get a little concerned that maybe ibuprofen isn't safe to take with pregnancy. I'm not an ob/gyn nurse and I don't remember ever learning anything about ibuprofen or really any meds while I was pregnant with Ebaneezer or even in nursing school. So, I called into my Dr. and was told to stop taking the ibuprofen immediately and to take tylenol instead. Ok, no big deal...WRONG!!! I have to take 500 mg every 2 hours to keep my whole left side of my cranium from aching and throbbing! I went to bed tonight at midnight, and here I am at 2am awake and just miserable. I know I can take more than 500 mg at a time, but I've never been a big fan of it's effects on the liver, and even though ibuprofen can cause stomach issues I'd have taken the chance, but it isn't worth the risk to the baby. I need to get into see my dentist...or I'm gonna break in to his office, and do some freelance dental work on myself!!! I've never known pain like this...excluding birth of course. I'm gonna try to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment