September 25, 2009

Today's the day!

Today is our first sonogram of Hairy, our baby parasite. Mom and Pop Hairell are coming in from Victoria to be with us on this exciting day...Susie would be here too if she wasn't off galavanting in New England, watching the leaves change...I'm so jealous!!! So, I'm nervously excited. I'm keeping a positive outlook while I'm pregnant because even though I know what it's like to have a pregnancy with complications, this isn't going to be like that. Congenital not genetic is what I keep telling myself...over and over. I have a lot of faith in my OB and her staff. They spotted Evan's congenital diaphragmatic hernia at 20 weeks gestation and without that catch, Evan wouldn't have made it through delivery in any of the Austin hospitals, so for me, they have all of my faith. I'm not sure if we will be able to see the baby's heartbeat or if we will just be seeing her little yolk sac and where it's positioned within the uterus. I haven't had any uterine cramping or bloody show so I'm not concerned with an ectopic pregnancy, but there's always a chance. I think human life is miracle. Out of all that goes on in such a short period of time it's a miracle that any child comes out healthy and "perfect". It really is. I can't help but get caught up in medical mysteries shows on TLC and Discovery Health. Some of the conditions they talk about are a 1 in 50,000,000 chance. It amazes me. Life is a gift. I'm just convinced of it. I need to sleep, but all who read this and keep up with us, please think of us and keep us close to your hearts today. Updates, with anticipated due date, to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment