October 7, 2009

We are an amazing team!!!

So it was about 4:30 a.m. when my sweet husband woke me up with, "Honey, I'm sorry to wake you, but we don't have any hot water". Shit! Three months past our 2 year home warranty!!! Wouldn't you know it. So, Josh took a cold shower and was off to clinicals. I slept in until 10, (I love my life) and washed my hair in the sink and off to work I went. A few patients later I was back at home tearing the water heater apart to find that the upper thermostat had burnt itself up! Scary!!! I think Josh and I freaked a little bit when we saw it, but after researching it we found that the problem was probably from electrical arcing...and just a replacement thermostat is all we needed. A trip to home depot and $15 later we were back home to make it happen. I drained the hot water heater all by myself and Josh installed the new wiring and thermostat. My hero! Thankfully, 45 minutes later we had hot water again. Just another example of what an incredible team we make...

No comments:

Post a Comment