January 4, 2010

Wow, I'm a neglectful blogger...

Sorry guys! Apparently, I've been way too self absorbed with my sciatica and fatigue to keep up with our blog. I'll try to be more on top of things. No promises. Anyways, today was the big day. We are officially having a little girl!!! Now for the painful part of naming this little princess potty pants. I'm not sure, but I think we are over Piper and have a new sparked interest in the name Addison. Only time will tell. We went on a shopping spree with aunt Susie today and got some seriously cute sleepers and outfits. I can't believe how much cuteness there is out there for little pootie butts!!! I'm in love. With the whole idea of having a sweet faced little girl running around, and I think Eve is too. She told us today that when she's 16 she's going to "take the baby off of our hands" and that she's starting a "Piper fund" so that she'll be able to take the baby out shopping. Little fashionista!!! She's gonna be a tough act to follow. She may not be mine by birth, but damnit, in spirit she sure is! Anyways, the transformation of our house has begun. We've moved furniture out of the present-den and future-nursery and moved it into our room which is now been dubbed, "Kelsey's Apartment"! There's a chaise lounge, coffee table and side lamp to be used as a breast feeding/pumping station and an armoire with tv and vintage video game consoles (i.e. xbox and nintendo 64, lol) as well as our bed...it's like I never have to leave!!! I just need a tiny fridge and hot plate!!! Evan slept in my apartment last night on the chaise. What a creep. He was a bit bummed today when we got the news of our little girl...he kept saying he wants a baby brother...the thing is, is that he's having a baby brother too from his daddy and stepmom! After I said that like 10 times he was back on board with the "baby seester" stuff. He's going to be an amazing big brother though. While we layed in bed last night, watching a documentary on proteus syndrome (elephant man syndrome) he turned to me and said, "You know I'm going to be a really good big brother, don't you? I say some crazy things, but I'm going to be really good with this baby". Amazing. Ya know, today could have gone either way...pink or blue, but there's no possible way things could get any better than they already are. We have such a great little family...

No comments:

Post a Comment