May 15, 2010

I can't believe how amazing this is...

It's been nearly 11 years since I've had a newborn to tend to. It's surreal in many ways. This experience is so vastly different than it was when I was 19 and because Evan was sick. Being able to touch, hold, hear, and just mother Addison has made such a fond fuzzy in my heart. The way this little perfect person looks and smells just gets to me. Josh says if he had a tape measure and he measured Addy it would say, "perfect in every way". I'd have to agree. She does have a couple of minor heart defects, but her cardiologist was reassuring and will monitor them both closely. I had to really fight back dark feelings when we were given the news about her murmur, feelings that I make defective babies, or that I'm the reason Evan was sick and now Addy, but I had to remind myself what a miracle life itself really is. Every single day I wake up and see her little face I am so grateful and uplifted. I wouldn't change her for the world...

No comments:

Post a Comment