September 18, 2009

Blood Pressure and Blood Sugar

Well, obviously I am at a higher risk for gestational diabetes and possible preeclampsia just because I am overweight. The risks with both conditions are profound and it's in my hands to be sure to monitor and keep my numbers within normal limits or within an acceptable range. I tend to check my blood sugar once a week, so that trend I plan on continuing. My fasting blood sugars generally run 80-95, with an exception of the 116mg/dl reading I got last weekend after not being able to sleep and snacking on half of a chocolate chip muffin Josh couldn't refrain from making, lol. Normal fasting blood sugar range is between 70-120mg/dl so I'm right where I need to be for now. I have to fight those cravings. My blood pressure, on the other hand, is something that may be a little bit more tricky. There was a moment in time when my blood pressure was 138/90 ish, but that seemed to be an isolated incident. I plan on logging my blood pressure daily and noting and changes or trends. I'm not keeping a food journal, I find that a bit tedious, but I am aware of what I am eating and am reading labels and watching my intake and output. I am having some trouble meeting my fruit and veggie requirements, but I am going to do what I can to supplement with low sodium vegetable juice blends and a real conscious effort to eat a healthy, balanced diet. Sweet pickles may be my guilty pleasure, but at 30 calories a serving, I'm pretty sure there are far worse things...JOSH! He's going to gain my weight for me. What a sweet boy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment