September 20, 2009

Trying my hand at...



Reading up on all the different cloth diapering products, I've come to the conclusion that, there are too many to chose from and that the cloth diapering world has their own lingo. With the limited selection of product at two of the most popular baby outfitters in town I went online to see what I could find. It seems as though the all-in-one cloth diapers are the closest to the disposables most of America uses. The baby does their business, I rinse, then wash...the soaker is sewn right into the diaper, there is nothing to add, unless extra absorption is needed. The all-in-ones they sell range from $12-$25 a piece...quite an investment, but in the end they save more than a few dollars, they help to save this environment. While looking at the various brands, Josh leans over and says, "You could make that", which got my wheels turning. After a few searches I was sold. A few venturesome mommies have had the same curiosities as I apparently and made blog entries that detail how to begin the endeavor. Common household fabrics are used and with a little bit of curiosity, and a sewing machine, you are in business. I picked up about $12 worth of yellow flannel, and mint green fleece and was on my way...Here's what the end product looks like...
So, after the $12 we spent on the fabric, so far, we have about $100 worth of all-in-one cloth diapers! How awesome is that. Gives me something to do too. I'm in!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment