May 6, 2010

From the firing lines...

It's currently 430am, Josh is lying on the pullout sofa in the hospital room...the same hospital room I've now been in for nearly 72 hours. Yesterday was another frusterating one, but some progress was made so I can't count it out. They administered the cervadil at 330 am and the contractions began shortly after. I thought i'd surely made some cervical change, but at 1pm when my doctor came in to check I had only dilated to a 1 or 2. My contractions kept coming at 2-3 minute intervals, which backed my doctor off of administering a 2nd round of cervadil, but stopped me from eating, walking, or showering. The plan was now to begin a pitocin drip at 4am and here we are. I've already had a few minor contractions since this started and I have to admit this is the part of labor/inducement that I've dreaded for years...the pitocin drip. I hope this plays out better than I recall 11 years ago...more updates as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment