September 13, 2009

Names, names, names

So, what do you do when you have a blended family and the children from each previous relationship has a name that starts with an "E"? Evan and Eve...do you continue on an "E" trend or do you start anew? Well that's the topic of the day. I love the kid's names and I love the idea of keeping with the trend, a trend that we didn't intentionally create, but one that makes me smile still today. I don't want Hairy to be named something like, I don't know, Sigmund, and feel left out of the loop. Ya know, "Why didn't they love me enough to give me an "E" name". I know that's a ridiculous thought and in the end it doesn't matter, but I still would like to make this family feel just like that, a family. It hasn't always been easy to be a part of a blended family, but we've made it work and I love what we have. It just feels right, ya know. I'm not sure that Josh feels the same as I, but I'll leave that for him to address. Anyways, girls names are all I've been able to think about and so far I have these picked out. Forenote: These are names that I like and I'm sure many of you will read them and think, "This is it, she's finally lost it", but I'm okay with that. Here we go...Ellody (like Mellody), Elliot (yep, for a girl), and Emyrs (like americe). So these names are rolling around in my empty little head, off of my tongue, and through the halls of my house...this is so exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment