May 4, 2010

Well, at least I got a test run...

So, yesterday morning we had a follow appointment with my OB from the previous Wednesday. My urine had trace protein, for the first time, and my BP was elevated, which went right along nicely with my giant puffy feet, ankles, legs, and hands. I'm sure most of you saw the picture on facebook...tree trunks. Anyways, our 8 am appointment yesterday went much differently than I anticipated. My blood pressure was elevated and instead of trace protein in my urine I now have +1 protein. So while I laid there waiting to hear from my doctor, my friend Crystal, who is the office manager, came in and said, "You're being admitted"...oh my God!!! Wasn't sure what to think or to expect, but my doctor came in an gave us the low down. He wanted me to come in and be evaluated for 24 hours to monitor how much protein is, in fact, in my urine and to ensure I'm being hydrated, staying off my feet, and eating right. So, off we went. Phone calls to the moms were made...Josh's mom decided to come in from Victoria to be with Evan for the night, and Susie came to the hospital to be with me over night while Josh had to go to work. So, here we are, doing the urine collection. My blood pressures have been stable, but my urine had red blood cells, white blood cells, and protein in it, so that's my only hope for an induction. The 24 hour urine ends at 10:30 and then it'll be sent to the lab for a total protein count and THEN my doctor will be here to weigh in on what the plan is. Today, we are 37 weeks and 3 days and if it doesn't happen today it'll happen soon enough. I'm done worrying about it. I'm not going to worry about money, or work, or anything...I'm just going to enjoy these last few hours, days, or weeks. Wish me luck though! I'd really like to meet my baby head though...

No comments:

Post a Comment